Webhosting.net requires that all account holders be 18-years old or older. Webhosting.net does not provide children with access to any services in which any personal data is collected beyond the collection of a visitor’s IP address and session status.
If Webhosting.net becomes aware that any child has accessed Webhosting.net’s non-publicly available website, Webhosting.net will terminate the account through which the child gained access.
Persons under 13-years old may not submit or post information to or on Webhosting.net’s website. Webhosting.net does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13-years old. Webhosting.net services are open only to persons over 18-years old.
If Webhosting.net has collected any information from or about anyone under 13-years old, please contact us immediately at [email protected]
Webhosting.net collects data related to its users through the following methods:
- Automated means such as communication protocols and cookies
- Online registration and online signup forms
- Sales inquiries and transactions
- Online customer communications
- Offline communications and interactions
- Third party sources of information
Depending on the method of collection and use, the data collected may include:
- Information about the user from forms, registrations and transactions (such as name, title, address, company, phone number, and email address);
- Financial/transaction information (such as credit card number, card verification value (CVV), credit card expiration date, and other payment information (including bank account information depending on method of payment));
- Information about use of the website (such as electronic communications protocols, webpages visited, and cookies); and
- User preferences and privileges.
Webhosting.net may receive data from you as part of the communication connection itself through the standard electronic greeting between your computer and Webhosting.net’s servers. This information often consists of network routing (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), internet protocol address, date, and time. Webhosting.net’s server will also query your computer to see if there are “cookies” previously set up by Webhosting.net to facilitate login or other website navigation procedures. A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent by a webserver to store in a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser.
Cookies on the website may collect the following information: a unique identifier, user preferences and profile information used to personalize the content that is shown, and user information to access user forums. Some cookies Webhosting.net uses may remain on the user’s computer after the user leaves the website, but the majority is set to expire within 30 to 365 days. Certain tools may have some cookies that have a longer duration. Cookies may also be of benefit to you by creating a more streamlined login process, keeping track of shopping cart additions, or preserving order information between sessions. In the future, as Webhosting.net enables further customization of the website, cookies will help in ensuring that information provided to you will be the most relevant to your needs.
Browsers provide you with information and control over cookies. You can set your web browser to alert you when a cookie is being used. You can also get information on the duration of the cookie and what server your data is being returned to. You then have the opportunity to accept or reject the cookie. Additionally, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers. You can generally disable the cookie feature on your browser without affecting your ability to use the website, except in some cases where cookies are used as an essential security feature or to provide functionality necessary for transaction completion.
Customer is solely responsible for any processing or international transfer of all personally identifiable information (“PII”) in the customer content and will comply with all applicable rules, laws, and regulations in all applicable regions or countries related to the transfer of the PII.
Webhosting.net uses a tool called “Google Analytics” to collect information about the use of www.webhosting.net, such as how often users visit the website, what webpages they visit when they do so, and what other websites they used before coming to the website. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit www.webhosting.net, rather than your name or other identifying information.
Webhosting.net has implemented a feature of Google Analytics referred to as Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting on this website. The Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting feature allows Webhosting.net to collect data relating to the demographics (age and gender) and interests of visitors to this website. Webhosting.net collects this data to analyze how visitors engage with www.webhosting.net. Specifically, Webhosting.net uses this data to help recognize and understand user preferences, to make improvements to the website, to choose content and advertising to display to you, and for other business purposes that will allow Webhosting.net to better serve you.
Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit www.webhosting.net. Only Google, Inc. can use this cookie. The information generated by the cookie will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers located in the United States.
Webhosting.net uses the information received from Google Analytics only to improve services on this website. Webhosting.net does not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with PII.
Webhosting.net collects data from users for the following purposes:
- To engage in transactions for service. Webhosting.net may collect and store the following as part of the transaction history: name; address; email; purchase details; and credit card/payment information. The majority of the data collected under this category is contact information. Webhosting.net may need to share some of this data (address and payment) with credit card clearinghouses, banking institutions, and other similarly situated agents, who may require the information in order to complete the transaction. (As used here, “agents” means persons or companies who act on behalf of or under the direction of Webhosting.net.)
- To provide future service and support. Information collected for this purpose is both contact data and information related to products and service/support requested. Webhosting.net uses this information to provide service, product update, and similar notices.
- To select content, data may be collected to help create website content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes data collected because of website navigation, as well as data provided in forms.
- To respond to user inquiries and requests for information. This data includes registrations for online newsletters, opt-in mailing lists, and specific requests for further information.
- To respond to law enforcement organizations, government officials, third parties when compelled by subpoena, court order, applicable law, or to report or prevent suspected fraudulent or illegal activity in the use of the services. Webhosting.net will notify Customer of the information request or submission as, and if, allowed.
- To Webhosting.net’s contractors who provide services or perform functions on its behalf.
- If Webhosting.net is acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of its assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, Webhosting.net may transfer the information it has collected from you to another entity if applicable.
- To provide various Webhosting.net communities with relevant product alerts and updates. These updates are related to product releases, prices, terms, special offers, and associated campaigns. This data is sent when the program member signs up for the relevant program or online account.
- To better tailor marketing to user needs. Webhosting.net may use information from user purchases and user-specified requirements to provide you with timely and pertinent notices of Webhosting.net’s product releases and service developments that address your needs and specified requirements or that are similar to products and services the user previously purchased from Webhosting.net.
- To better respond to requests for service or quotes for product and equipment purchase. Webhosting.net will pass contact information to the appropriate Webhosting.net salesperson for follow-up related to Webhosting.net products or services.
- From referral “tell a friend” function (if available). If a user elects to use Webhosting.net’s referral service for informing a friend about the website, Webhosting.net asks them for the friend’s name and email address. Webhosting.net will automatically send the friend a one-time email inviting them to visit the website and send a copy of this email to the user. The email sent will clearly identify the sender of the email. Webhosting.net uses this data solely to send this one-time email. Webhosting.net will not store the email sent to a friend at a user’s request for additional processing.
- Because of your participation in interactive discussions and public forums (if available). There may be parts of the website that permit you to participate in interactive discussions. Some of these may be moderated; all are subject to access for technical reasons. Webhosting.net does not control the content that users post and some may serve as public discussion forums. As in any interactive forum open to many users, you should carefully consider whether you wish to submit data and should tailor any other content submitted accordingly.